Chittenango 'Tuesday's in The Park'
Dear Prospective Vendor:
The Village of Chittenango is inviting you to participate in our 'Tuesdays in the Park'. The market will be held every Tuesday from 4-7:30pm beginning May 21st until August 27th. Our market is located at Dr. West Park. (on E. Genesee St. and Russell St. next to the Chittenango Fire Station)
In addition to our vendors our market venue incorporates a ‘Classic Car Show’ and Live Music each Tuesday. By incorporating our ‘Concerts in the Park’ Summer Concert Series and a Classic Car Show our market continues to attract visitors and residents of all ages.
We would like to invite you to participate in this exciting venue. There is no fee for a space/participation. Electricity is available on a first come basis to vendors who have completed an application requesting electricity and have received approval. Vendors can set up beginning 3:30pm and must stay open until 7:30pm. We also invite ‘not for profits’ to participle in this market. This is a great opportunity to recruit new members or to fund raise. Local businesses are also invited to promote their business.
'Tuesday's in the Park'
Rules and Regulations
The goal of The Village of Chittenango’s Artisan and Farmers Market is to give our community farmers, artisans and ‘not for profit’ organizations a venue where they can sell/promote their products to local consumers and visitors to the area. The market hopes to support and promote a vibrant local downtown community.
The market will operate on Tuesday(s) beginning May 21st until August 27th
The hours will be 4:00pm until 7:30*pm
1) All vendors must complete a Vendor Application Form and agree to abide by the rules and regulations listed in this document.
2) Vendors can set up starting at 3:30pm. Vendor locations will be given away on a first come, first served basis. Vendors may not leave the market prior to 7:30pm. Vendors must vacate Dr. West Park by 8:00pm, or ½ hour after the end of the concert.
3) Each vendor is asked to unload and park their vehicle as directed by authorized market members.
4) The market will operate unless cancelled due to unsafe weather conditions. Vendors must supply their own tent/tables. We suggest each vendor view www.accuweather.com for weather updates or text chittmarket to 84483 for weather and market updates!
5) Vendors (Food/Craft) must contact a market committee member if they are unable to attend a market date. Non-attendance may result in a vendor being denied the privilege of participating in the market. 24 hour notice would be appreciated
Colleen Baldwin cell 315-663-7161 firstname.lastname@example.org MickeyKopp cell 315-727-4126 Mkopp53544@aol.com
6) Products for sale at the market may include: vegetables. fruits. herbs. dairy products. baked goods, prepared foods, jams, pickles. honey, maple syrup, meats. fish, eggs, flowers, bedding plants, perennials, as well as crafts by local artisans that have been pre-approved by the market manager. Prices of goods for sale must be clearly posted.
7) For products not grown or produced by the vendor, a sign or labeling must indicate the items origin. Vendors selling handmade arts and crafts must produce the majority (60%) of their product.
8) Crafters must submit in advance a description of handcrafted items that will be offered for sale..
9) No vendor has exclusive rights to any product sales.
10) Non-Profit. church, civic and school organizations whose missions promoted community welfare, health, safety and environmental awareness are welcome at the market.Organizations are asked to submit in advance a description of what activity they intend to have at their booth.
11) The Market Committee has sole authority to determine whether a prospective vendor or non-profit organization may participate; that decision may be based on space considerations as well as duplication of products.
12) Each vendor's booth must be identified by a sign that is visible to consumers, stating the name and address of the vendor.
13) Vendors are expected to keep their booths and any adjacent areas clean, clear and free of obstacles. When leaving the area, vendors must make sure their areas are clean and free of trash, spills, etc.
14) No Food vendor has exclusive rights. Food vendors must be in compliance with all local health codes and permits. Vendors must comply with all relevant state, local and federal regulations covering the types of products they offer for sale, including regulations of the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, The New York State Board of Health, and the Madison County Department of Health. Pertinent licenses, permits, seals, and/or certificates must be applied for, approved and displayed by the vendor.
15) Failure to abide by the Market rules will result in a vendor being denied the privilege of participating in the market.
*September hours are subject to change due to diminishing daylight conditions.
Market Coordinators- Colleen Baldwin and Mickey Kopp
Market Committee Members
Deb Seymour Deb Rose Danica Griffith
John Bongura Diane Horning Colleen Creeden-Baldwin
Mayor Mark Pulver Mickey Kopp Raquel White
send questions comments to- email@example.com or Mkopp53544@aol.com
For the convenience of vendors and shoppers you can text chittmarket to 84483 for weather and market updates!